Networking is a great way to catapult your business in a short time, if you know how to do it right. You can find customers, business partners, mentors and more. The key is how to find people and communicate with them correctly. Here are just a few tips for how to network effectively to make yourself more successful.
* Be friendly. If you’re at a business conference, you’re not going to able to network by being rude, or sulking in the corner like a loner. The same goes online. You need to be friendly and pleasant to everyone. Do ask about business, but that doesn’t mean forgetting to ask about their family and how things are going with them.
* Give and take. Nothing is more annoying that someone who shows up at a seminar or on a message board, introduces, and immediately starts hounding people for help. Sure, when you get started, you’re going to need a lot of help, but that doesn’t mean you need to ask someone to walk you through it and not do any work. And if you want someone to help you, you need to be willing to help them in return.
* Keep it up. Meeting people is great, but in order to be a successful networker, you need to keep the relationships going. It may be by contacting them about a business deal, or just giving them a call or sending an email to see how they’re doing. Networking is a continuing process, not a one-time thing.
So now that you have some great tips on networking, where do you go to get started? The easiest way to get started is by joining a local Simple Success Networking meeting or start your own chapter.
- The ‘Secret Ingredient’ for a THRIVING Business - December 10, 2021
- What’s Your Why? - January 18, 2021
- Featured Member Interview with Tara Marie Jack - October 9, 2020
- Featured Member Interview with Tamra Coviello - March 25, 2020
- Now is the PERFECT time! - September 5, 2019
- Featured Member Interview with Tonya Clark - June 11, 2019
- Featured Member Interview with Danielle Escalante - May 6, 2019
- Featured Member Interview with Roxi Perkins - April 1, 2019
- Family Dinner, Family Wellness by Dream Dinners - March 5, 2019
- Featured Member Interview with Diane Hickox - February 1, 2019