Knowing your customers well is one of the most important success factors in your business. It’s the foundation for growth. Although an understanding of your customers is important in all aspects of your business, it’s particularly essential in standing out in the marketplace.
Creating a UVP (Unique Value Proposition) is the first place to start. Here is what you need to know about your customers:
Who They Are
You should know as much demographic information as possible, including things like age, gender, economic status, location, etc.
What They Need
You have to thoroughly understand their problems, questions and concerns. These are the things that prompt people to take action. They’re the problems you’re going to offer to resolve for customers.
What They Buy
Know your customers’ current suppliers. What companies are meeting their needs right now?
How They Buy
Find out about your customers’ buying habits. This includes how much they buy, when they buy, how they pay, and anything else you can discover about their purchasing patterns.
How They Feel.
Finally, beyond hard data you need to understand how your customers feel about their problems and purchases. What makes them feel good or bad about the shopping experience? What do they expect from companies and products? How do they feel about the companies they currently buy from, as well as about you?
All of the above will help you create a unique value proposition that resonates with your customers and helps them understand why they should buy from you and help you stand out from the competition.
- The ‘Secret Ingredient’ for a THRIVING Business - December 10, 2021
- What’s Your Why? - January 18, 2021
- Featured Member Interview with Tara Marie Jack - October 9, 2020
- Featured Member Interview with Tamra Coviello - March 25, 2020
- Now is the PERFECT time! - September 5, 2019
- Featured Member Interview with Tonya Clark - June 11, 2019
- Featured Member Interview with Danielle Escalante - May 6, 2019
- Featured Member Interview with Roxi Perkins - April 1, 2019
- Family Dinner, Family Wellness by Dream Dinners - March 5, 2019
- Featured Member Interview with Diane Hickox - February 1, 2019