No clients, no business, right? So, it’s safe to say getting and keeping clients is important to your success. We pulled together five quick tips for getting and keeping more clients.
Ask Your Clients For Referrals.
Word of mouth is one of the best ways to build your business. If your customers are happy, they are usually thrilled to refer you to others. Don’t be afraid to reach out and ask for referrals. Not all clients are natural networkers. If they aren’t, it’s OK to reach out and ask for referrals. Another great way, to encourage your current clients to refer you, is to create a referral program where your current clients receive a discount or credit for your services.
Hang Out Where Your Potential Clients Are
One of the fastest ways to grow your business, is through networking. Identify places your ideal customers hang out and make a point to hang out in the same place. Getting out and about, face to face, will connect you quickly and before you know it, you will have a long roster of clients. If you’re not sure where they hang out, try going to some networking groups and start connecting there.
Communicate With Your Clients On A Regular Basis.
Having a newsletter or regular email you send out is a great way to stay connected with your current and potential clients. If you regularly connect with your clients, you stay front of mind. Then when they have a need or when someone asks them if they know of someone, they will naturally refer you. There are two approaches to regular client communication and you can combine the two approaches as you see fit. They are:
– Send your client list an email once a month, or more often if you like, highlighting a promotion or valuable tips that will help them.
– Send your client a note when you’re thinking of them. For example, “I saw this article and thought of you.” This helps build a relationship to them and it’s a great way to stay connected. If you do use this format, it is good to have a system to make sure you are touching in on a regular schedule.
Participate in social networking. Utilize your favorite social media channel, blog or be a guest blogger. Generate awareness about you and your services. One new client can turn into thousands of dollars over the course of a year and they can refer other clients.
Be willing to help and inform others in your community even when there isn’t any apparent reward. Whether you believe in the law of attraction or not, when you give to others, they give back. This doesn’t mean you give away your services; what it means is that you’re willing to help others by providing insight, information and a listening ear when they need it without expecting anything in return.
Much of the art of keeping clients has to do with building relationships, and it’s also intricately linked with getting new clients. Word of mouth from satisfied clients is a wonderful way to fill your schedule with your ideal clients and projects. Time to get out there and connect!
- The ‘Secret Ingredient’ for a THRIVING Business - December 10, 2021
- What’s Your Why? - January 18, 2021
- Featured Member Interview with Tara Marie Jack - October 9, 2020
- Featured Member Interview with Tamra Coviello - March 25, 2020
- Now is the PERFECT time! - September 5, 2019
- Featured Member Interview with Tonya Clark - June 11, 2019
- Featured Member Interview with Danielle Escalante - May 6, 2019
- Featured Member Interview with Roxi Perkins - April 1, 2019
- Family Dinner, Family Wellness by Dream Dinners - March 5, 2019
- Featured Member Interview with Diane Hickox - February 1, 2019