This month we had a chance to meet up with a long time member, Lynne Ingstad, our September Featured Member. Lynne is immersed in the dance world and a proud owner of So Cal Dance, which also happens to be one of the locations we meet at on Tuesday’s. When she isn’t teaching her students new dance moves, she is spending time with her husband and two kids! To learn more about Lynne and her dance studio www.socal-dance.com.
Tell us a little bit about yourself:
I have 2 beautiful girls ages 5 and 6. I have been married for 10 years. I am a San Diego native and graduated from SDSU.
What is your professional bio:
I started dancing at the age of 3 and started teaching at the age of 15. I have trained with San Diego Ballet, City Ballet, San Diego Dance Center, APA and Boston Ballet. I graduated from San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts and was a member of the Tchaikovsky Ballet Company.
Why did you start your own business?
I have always wanted to be a dance studio owner. When the studio I was working for was closing there door 5 years ago I knew the time was right for me to open my own.
What are you most proud of in your business?
The environment and atmosphere at my studio. There is an amazing family friendly, positive and supportive energy. New clients tell me all the time how warm and welcoming they feel when the come to the studio.
What’s your super power?
Multitasking and balancing many different projects and tasks.
What is one thing you can’t live without?
Wine…. Hahaha, no the one thing I can’t live without is Dawn Klevesahl, my bookkeeper. She has been amazing and it has changed by business and my success!!
What is your favorite thing to do when you’re not running your business?
Spending time with my family.
What is one thing you wish you knew when you first started?
Location really is everything!
Any advice for new entrepreneurs or someone who is thinking of starting their own business?
Research, research, research and make sure that if you never got paid for what you do, it would not matter. Owning a business is an act of love and you will only be successful if you keep that at the top of the list.
- The ‘Secret Ingredient’ for a THRIVING Business - December 10, 2021
- What’s Your Why? - January 18, 2021
- Featured Member Interview with Tara Marie Jack - October 9, 2020
- Featured Member Interview with Tamra Coviello - March 25, 2020
- Now is the PERFECT time! - September 5, 2019
- Featured Member Interview with Tonya Clark - June 11, 2019
- Featured Member Interview with Danielle Escalante - May 6, 2019
- Featured Member Interview with Roxi Perkins - April 1, 2019
- Family Dinner, Family Wellness by Dream Dinners - March 5, 2019
- Featured Member Interview with Diane Hickox - February 1, 2019