As the saying goes, you never get a second chance to make a first impression. These days, we “meet” or are introduced to so many people via social media and online that a big part of that first impression is your profile photo.
If you conduct business via social media, have clients on social media, or network on social media, your profile picture is not only a first impression, but becomes a part of your brand. You wouldn’t want to show up at a business meeting with your sweat pants on and your hair all messed up would you? A selfie, even a good one, is definitely no substitute for a professional head shot.
Let’s use Facebook as an example. Every time you comment on another post, your profile picture is right there. Every time someone shares one of your posts, there you are again. I don’t know about you, but I often click on profile photos of people I don’t know to see who they are and what they do. Have you ever checked out people’s profile pics on LinkedIn? Most of them are professional head shots as LinkedIn is definitely known to be a business networking environment. However, if you are like me and have a lot of clients and potential clients on Facebook, you should be considering Facebook as a business networking environment as well.
Using a professional head shot as your profile picture makes a lot of sense. A professional photographer knows the best angle to take the photo, will ensure that the lighting is good and flatters you, and will even tell you what colors to wear. You will also want to consider whether to wear more formal business attire or go for a more casual look. Applying “camera ready” makeup and selecting the right accessories can also make a huge difference in the final outcome. Many photographers will also do minor touchups and remove blemishes ensuring you look your best in your photo.
Author: Zeena Gregg
Zeena Gregg Photography
Exclusive Photographer for 92129 Magazine/92130 Magazine/92064 Magazine
Connect with her on Facebook
- The ‘Secret Ingredient’ for a THRIVING Business - December 10, 2021
- What’s Your Why? - January 18, 2021
- Featured Member Interview with Tara Marie Jack - October 9, 2020
- Featured Member Interview with Tamra Coviello - March 25, 2020
- Now is the PERFECT time! - September 5, 2019
- Featured Member Interview with Tonya Clark - June 11, 2019
- Featured Member Interview with Danielle Escalante - May 6, 2019
- Featured Member Interview with Roxi Perkins - April 1, 2019
- Family Dinner, Family Wellness by Dream Dinners - March 5, 2019
- Featured Member Interview with Diane Hickox - February 1, 2019