Did you know that your about page is one of the most important pages on your site? It’s true! Most visitors to your website want to learn more about who they may potentially do business with, which means they are clicking through to your About page.
They want to know…
- Who you are.
- What your site is about.
- Learn if there is a real person or company behind the scenes.
- Find contact information
- And basically see if your personality and philosophy is in line with theirs.
Pretty important things to consider, when you’re considering doing business with someone, don’t you think? With our busy schedules, we want to know quickly, if we should learn more or move on. I am certain you’ve visited your fair share of about pages.
Now that you know how important your about page is, it also tends to be one of the hardest pages to write. Sigghhh. Here is why… most of us aren’t good at tooting our own horns! And, that’s because we feel like we are showing off. Pretty much every client I have worked with, struggles when it comes to talking about themselves and doesn’t care to have a picture of themselves on their website. But, a good about page, will include all of these!
Since it’s called the “About” page, you might think a visitor clicks through to learn more about, well, YOU. That is the case, to some extent, but it’s not the real reason they’re compelled to click.
A visitor reads your About page to learn more about what you can do for them.
So while your About page definitely needs to show who you are and why you’re in business, it also needs to encourage visitors to read more, contact you, and maybe even make a purchase.
That’s a lot to expect from a single page, but with a little planning, it’s absolutely doable.
Here is a list to work off of, when you refresh your about page. A suggest mixing and matching a few of them, based on what is best for you and your brand.
Social proof (testimonials)
Call to action
Links to other interesting information on your site
And remember, don’t take it to seriously. Have fun with it! Let your personality shine. Last but not least… the perfect about page is built over time… don’t put the pressure on yourself to nail it the first time!
Author: Amy D Marie
Chickadee Marketing Boutique
- Why You Need Relationship Marketing in Your Marketing Plan - January 29, 2018
- 3 Productivity Hacks To Grow Your Biz In 2018 - December 18, 2017
- 3 Reasons Why You Need to Hire a Support Team - September 25, 2017
- What You Must Know About Your Potential Clients - August 23, 2017
- 7 Ways To Make Sales… Even If You Don’t Have A List - March 16, 2017
- How To Optimize Your Social Media Efforts With Timing - February 17, 2017
- Do You Really Know Your Clients? Find Out What You Must Know! - January 22, 2017
- More Important Than Money & Marketing: Understanding Why You Really Do What You Do - December 14, 2016
- Are You Sharing Too Much On Social Media? - November 22, 2016
- Improve Your Live Video With These Simple Tips - October 14, 2016