How well do you know your potential clients?
Chances are you’ve developed at least a simple client avatar. You know her business, her age, her income and education levels. You know where she lives and how many kids she has and what her biggest dreams are.
But do you really know what drives her?
We’re not talking about just what she wants (we all want more money and free time) but more importantly, you need to know what her biggest pain points are. Figure this out, and you’ll not only be able to better create programs or services to help her, but your sales copy will dramatically improve as well.
Think about it… if you’re uncomfortable with technology, and once in a DIY mood you destroyed your website during a simple update, then website management becomes a huge pain point for you. Now imagine you find a VA who not only works with WordPress, but who calmly shares examples of how she’s rescued client websites after such disasters.
She’s clearly addressed your biggest pain point, and you’re sold!
The same is true for your potential clients. Show them you can help them avoid those pain points or eliminate them completely, and you’ll create an instant bond.
Now you may already have a good idea what causes your clients pain, but if not, you have plenty of ways to find out.
- Talk to them. What do they most often ask or complain about?
- Listen in on forums, on social media, and other places your audience hangs out. What are they struggling with?
- Reader surveys. These can be a rich source of information in any market. Pay special attention to the words and phrases your readers use to describe their troubles.
- Keep an eye on your competition. What pain points are they addressing?
Once you’ve uncovered your ideal clients’ biggest pain points, you’ll have a powerful tool that you can use not only in your sales copy, but it will also help define your programs and service offerings.
If you can help your clients overcome the most painful issues they face, whether it’s a lack of self-confidence or a fear of public speaking, you’ll instantly become a more valuable resource in your niche.
And when you incorporate those same pain points in your sales copy, your conversions will dramatically increase as well!
- Why You Need Relationship Marketing in Your Marketing Plan - January 29, 2018
- 3 Productivity Hacks To Grow Your Biz In 2018 - December 18, 2017
- 3 Reasons Why You Need to Hire a Support Team - September 25, 2017
- What You Must Know About Your Potential Clients - August 23, 2017
- 7 Ways To Make Sales… Even If You Don’t Have A List - March 16, 2017
- How To Optimize Your Social Media Efforts With Timing - February 17, 2017
- Do You Really Know Your Clients? Find Out What You Must Know! - January 22, 2017
- More Important Than Money & Marketing: Understanding Why You Really Do What You Do - December 14, 2016
- Are You Sharing Too Much On Social Media? - November 22, 2016
- Improve Your Live Video With These Simple Tips - October 14, 2016